Triple Offset Butterfly Valves
Why use a triple offset butterfly valve?
Triple offset butterfly valves have developed since the 1980s to become a popular alternative to the use of gates and ball valves in high temperature, high pressure and cryogenic applications.
These valves are highly cost effective, not only at point of purchase, but also during installation. They are also easily maintained after installation. The space and weight saving of these valves compared with ball and gate valves is remarkable. Also, butterfly valves have no cavities, which is a major advantage over ball and gate valves where over pressure in the cavity can present a serious hazard. The caming action of the seat on these valves allows for minimal wear but bubble tight shut off.
Butterfly valves have an inherently low operating torque which results in low cost actuation. Their adjustable stem sealing lends itself to the new era of emission control.
Triple offset butterfly valves
- Replaceable metal and elastomeric seats and seals
- Classes up to 1500lb
- Double, wafer and wafer lugged designs
- Made to fire safety standards API607, BS6755 pt2, API 6FA
- Sizes from 3” to 116”
- Supplied for services up to 950 degrees C
- Tested to be bubble tight over 250,000 cycles
- Customised steam jacketed body and disc design, tested with our own steam test rig
- Valve design suitable for low and high pressure steam applications
- All valves comply with fugitive emission standards approved by the Environmental protection agency
- Electrically, hydraulically and pneumatically actuated
- Self closing designs with hydraulic actuators also available
Click on an image below to view more detail
40 inch triple offset metal to metal class 150 (coated in anti rust treatment before packing)Back to top
60 inch double flanged internally steam heated – supplied to Kazakhstan in 2006. We have achieved a leakage rate of 1 x 10-8 millibar litres per second on an 80 inch valve from this same orderBack to top
A standard production triple offset valve for water service. The valve shows use of specialist glass flake paint to keep the internals free of corrosion and providelong lifeBack to top
20 inch class 1500 used for diamond mine slurry (a very aggressive service)with a water head of 1.5 kilometres!Back to top