Ultra Large Diameter Butterfly Valves up to 164 inch
The above picture represents a 138 inch valve in Saudi Arabia being one of a set of valves sized between 78 inch and 138 inch delivered in 2007.
Valves are typically used for seawater cooling pipelines and the 78 inch valves were manufactured with solid aluminum bronze bodies and discs and Monel shafts for very arduous high temperature seawater applications.
They incorporated 6 metre extension spindles for buried service.
The range of options for these valves
- Design: double flanged; rated 10 bar; drillings PN10/16/125/150lb and also AWWA.
- Face to face dimensions: to ISO 5752, typically using the API609 design code.
- Operation: gearbox, electric, pneumatic, hydraulic.
- Body/disc: cast and ductile iron; WCB, CF8 stainless and non ferrous ali-bronze
- Liners: vulcanized rubber liners with either EPDM, Nitrile or Hypalon
- Ductile iron discs are covered with vulcanized Hypalon, or Ebonite rubbers